Wednesday, December 24, 2008

100 Days to Lose 30 or it costs 100.

So as a person who can't say that he has necessarily battled weight issues.... because in order to truly battle them you have to get off your ever increasing in size posterior and actually do something about it. I have really truly decided this is the final straw and it's time to start this and make it a lifestyle change.

I have recently developed this new philosophy with my life "...to turn over a new leaf, sometimes you have to first crawl out from that rock you've been living under...."

I have been lost in thought and I realized that I think oh if I changed this one thing about myself things would be so much better. If this girl showed any sort of interest I would change for her. If something would happen in my life to motivate me to change I would do it. Ummm yeah... How's that working for you?

Well my friend Nicole has a wedding coming up on April 8th. I told her that I wanted to lose some weight for the wedding and of course her being the bride she wanted to do that too. Well I got a little extra motivated tonight and went and climbed on the scale. The number that appeared was not one that I was very proud of.....249.0 LBS.

I thought to myself ouch, well at least it's not 250 or 300, because then I would be seriously overweight. Well then I consulted the old trusty internet and lo' and behold for a person with the height of 5' 11" the maximum weight you should be is 179.0 LBS. So this means that I'm 70 LBS. heavier than I should be.

I haven't been living in complete denial, I knew I had what the doctor's call a bit of a weight problem but I didn't ever think it was that bad. So I did some more research online and discovered that for weight loss losing 1.5 to 2 LBS. per week is considered healthy. I have 15 weeks until the wedding so I decided my weight loss goal is 30 LBS.

Another incentive is softball season is quickly approaching and every ounce of weight I lose is once less ounce I will have to cart around the basepaths with me. The time is now or never for me and as yet another incentive I decided to tell the bride to be that if I don't lose the 30 lbs. I will either give her $100 or I will buy her a super nice wedding present.

I always like a good incentive... It's Game Time. This will be the first blog in a series of the progress I will make. It's not going to be pretty and I think I might even post the unflattering pictures just to further humiliate myself into realizing I desperately need to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment