Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Biggest Loser Season 7

I am at work right now and as I work I have the TV on in the background, but I have been getting distracted by the latest season of Biggest Loser that is on. This season they have the biggest cast on that has ever been on Biggest Loser.

The first thing the show starts off with is all the groups being told to work out on their own. The most shocking moment comes from Jerry the oldest member of the group who we later find out once he started working out his blood pressure shot down and he ended up passing out in the gym.

I couldn't help but feel for the guy, I honestly feel for everyone of these people because I'm not too far off from being in the same predicament as some of these people.

I was talking with a co-worker today and we were discussing the getting in shape philosophy that I have recently entered into. I was telling her how honestly I am now realizing just how much of a mental game getting in shape is. You have to convince yourself to make the change in your life. If you don't commit to it with your mind, then you're just setting yourself up for failure.

My philosophy lately is kinda like that saying "you've got to get yourself right with god" well with fitness my philisophy is "you've got to get yourself right with Shawn".... I can't make this change in my life primarily for anyone except for myself. I'm the one who will have to deal with the consequences of my failure first and foremost.

I am still committed to my own personnel success. I am motivated and I am determined to get myself into the best shape of my life this year. It's only the 6th day of the new year and already I've made more progress in my personal fitness goals than I have in years.

I definitely relate to the people on the Biggest Loser although I'm not as heavy as most of them I know that I'm in the same boat as them. I was lazy for the first 30 years of my life and if I want to live a successful, healthy next 30 years in my life then I have to make some serious changes and get myself right with Shawn!

92 days to go....current weight: 245.1 pounds
weight left to lose to reach goal: 26.1 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment