Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Resolutions

I think I have constantly been one of those people who has made New Year's Resolutions and then never followed through on them. This year is the first year that I honestly can say I'm going to give it the "old college try"...

I have found my inspiration in weird sources but here are the resolutions for 2009:

1) Lose the 30 LBS. in 100 Days....and then keep it off plus maybe get rid of some more by 2010:
~~I have slowed up a bit recently due to a couple of busy days but I know that this can't be an every day occurence. In order to make changes in life, it requires constant action. I must stride everyday to do what it takes to better my physical health and thus better myself in my own eyes.

2) Find the enthusiasm from my childhood and start being more of an optimist as well as a positive thinking and acting person.
~~I think lately I have stopped being enthusiastic about the world. I've only seen the dark and dreary and I have become darker and more negative of a person as a result. I also know that I have also become a person that has settled for the easier path and just being Vulcan like in turning my emotions off so that I don't have to deal with them. I will strive in 2009 to appreciate the positives in life that much more as well as to share my optimism for life with everyone else. I want to be the kind of person that people are happy to see rather than the person that they go the other way to avoid.

3) Be more of a yes man and an adventurist.
~~I have found myself lately turning down anything different and just staying in my comfort zone. It will be my goal to do something more on my weekends than sit inside watching TV and playing video games. The story of my life can be more interesting if I actually take the leap of doing something different and expanding my horizons.

Well I think those are 3 of my great goals for the New Year. I also want to say that included in number 3 would be to find more opportunities to spend time with the friends that will help make me a better person. I need to develop my relationships into strong friendships rather than just casual acquaintances.

Life ain't always beautiful, but it can be a beautiful life....you just have to make more of an effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment