Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Kicking it into gear...

Finally I have started on my path to the goal I have set for myself.

Last night after work I decided it was time to start. It was quite humorous honestly because I kept seeing everything that was occuring that night that might normally stop me from starting my late night exercising. It was too cold, I started to wheeze a bit, I was tired..... I had plenty of excuses but none of them good enough.

I have done this, the weight problem, to myself. It is now time to face the punishment and start working on it. I have listened to the Doctor's show and although I don't always like that show some of the stuff they say does end up sticking with you. I definitely don't want to increase my rate of having a heart attack, I don't want the increased risk of diabetes.... I don't want any of that.

I want to start enjoying life. I know even this morning I felt better than I have in weeks. It's about getting up and doing something. Sitting around playing video games, watching TV and dreaming about what could be is no longer going to be my entire life. The funny thing is I can still do those things, I don't have to completely give them up. I just need to take an hour or two a day and dedicate it to doing something more.

Variety is the spice of life and I need to spice things up a bit. I have some short term goals and some long term goals for this three months. I look forward to striding towards each one of them.

Next blog will be New Year's Resolutions... My current philosophy is "2008 I started too late, 2009 will be my year to shine!"

No comments:

Post a Comment