Monday, January 5, 2009

A resolution....really?

Today is January 5th and how many people have already broken their New Year's Resolutions or have given up on them for the rest of the year already? Is it just me or is a resolution something that you are supposed to by definition resolve to "definitely come to a decision about"...

I have made the resolution to do several things as you read in my previous blog. Yes I have already had my failures on this but I have also had my successes. I have started off slowly but I have no plans on giving up.

I can already tell that by just doing the little bit that I do on occasions, I'm feeling better. I have more energy, I have more self confidence... I have a goal, I have a plan for my life. If I were to give up on everything I have just begun to start right now I would be a failure. I decided at the end of 2008 that I could no longer give myself permission to fail when it came to bettering myself.

When you start to give yourself permission to fail, you've in fact given yourself permission to be a failure. I am here to succeed and I will succeed. If I fail to reach my goal in the next 95 days then it happens but I won't give up. To make a change that will majorly effect your life then the change must be in fact a lifestyle change.

Today I went and hopped on the scale and with shoes on which I didn't have last time I now weigh in at 246.1 lbs. I did weigh in at 249.0 lbs without shoes. I'm calling it a 3 lbs. loss and I have no plans on stopping now, in fact I have just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment